- Massachusetts Adoption Resource Exchange (MARE): Non-profit agency connecting children with adoptive families.
- Adoption & Foster Care: Official Massachusetts government portal for adoption information and resources.
- Adoption Journeys: Provides post-adoption support services for families in Massachusetts.
- Ascentria Foster Care and Adoption: Provides adoption services in Worcester and surrounding areas.
Adoption Support Groups
- Adoptive Families Together (AFT): Offers peer support groups for adoptive families throughout Massachusetts.
- Boston Adoption Meetup Group: Connects prospective and adoptive parents for support and networking.
Adoption Financial Assistance
- Massachusetts Adoption Tax Credit: Offers state tax credit for adoption-related expenses.
- Gift of Adoption Fund: Provides adoption assistance grants for qualifying families.
Adoption Education and Training
- Adoption Learning Partners: Offers online courses and webinars for adoptive families.
- Adoptive and Foster Family Coalition of Massachusetts: Provides training, support, and advocacy for adoptive and foster families.
Adoption Home Study Providers
- JF&CS Adoption Resources: Offers home study services for families in Worcester and throughout Massachusetts.
Foster Care Agencies
- Massachusetts Department of Children and Families (DCF) – Worcester Area Office: Provides foster care services, including foster-to-adopt options, in the Worcester area.
International Adoption Agencies
- Wide Horizons for Children: Massachusetts-based international adoption agency.
- Holt International: Non-profit organization specializing in international adoptions.
Adoption costs can vary significantly depending on the agency and type of adoption you choose. In Massachusetts, using a private adoption agency for a domestic adoption typically ranges from $20,000 to $45,000, which covers expenses such as home study, legal fees, and counseling services. International adoptions can cost anywhere from $25,000 to $50,000, depending on the country and additional fees, like travel expenses. It’s important to research and compare agencies, as well as consider available financial assistance and tax credits, to help offset the costs of adoption.